Sunday, February 3, 2019

A Swimathon Song

Lane One Big Gun claims my days are through,
says I'm all washed up swimming here in Lane Two,
but then the whistle whistles and his singin' ain't true!
After just five lengths he's turned a bit blue.

Lapped him once and then came lap number two.
How many yards is that? {Even Steiggert knew!}
One Hundred of them, Zach, and that's more than a few,
Flipturning streamlining here in Lane Two.

Stopped and greeted Rachel, Santiago too,
That's Vine and Steven for folks who're new.
Even toasted Brinkworth, and her whole crew!
Keep my kick flowin' over here in Lane Two.

Odds o' him catchin' up were far between and few,
Coulda' hopped out for a Channel Six interview,
But that would gloating, which I won't stoop to,
though I been swimmin' long before he messed his first dipy-doo.

All o' Lane One learns a lesson when through,
about themselves all flexin' and checkin' their do,
while I'm dolphin kickin' past 'em all right here in Lane Two.
                                        2020 Swimathon?      I'll waste you then too.


Now focus on Bowdoin, and make your dreams come true.


No comments:

Post a Comment